Haew Suwat Waterfall, know from the movie ‘The Beach’ with Leonardo DiCaprio, is located in Khao Yai National Park, Pak Chong, 3 hours from Bangkok. Read more about Khao Yai National Park here.
Haew Suwat Waterfall drops down 20 meters down to a circular pool. Leonardo DiCaprio jump into the pool in ‘The Beach’ but, unfortunately, it’s not allowed to jump down the waterfall.
How to get to Haew Suwat Waterfall
First you need to get to Khao Yai National Park. Get there by car ( 3 hours) or by train from Bangkok.
Once you reach Khao Yai National Park you got 3 options:
- Drive to the parking lot close to Haew Suwat Waterfall. From there it’s only a 100 meters walk,
- Walk the 3-kilometre hike from another waterfall in the park, Pha Kluai Mai.
- Walk 8-kilometre from the visitor centre.
Haew Suwat Waterfall Price
The entrance fee to Khao Yai National Park is 400 baht – 200 baht for children.
Car fee: 50 baht.
When to visit
Haew Suwat Waterfall is the most popular waterfall in Khao Yai National Park. Get there early to beat the crowds.
Rainy season: From May to October. The best time to visit Haew Suwat Waterfall because of the water level.
Hot season: From March to April. Average temperatures 20-30 degrees.
‘Cold season’: November to February. Average temperature: 22 degrees.
How much time do you need there
There are a lot of waterfalls in Khao Yai National Park so use around 30 minutes at each waterfall. Get different views and enjoy the spectacular nature. Our recommendation is that you use 2 days to explore Khao Yai National Park.
Also see: The Best Waterfalls in Thailand Guide
Haew Suwat Waterfall Tips
- It’s not allowed to jump down the waterfall
- Get there early in the morning to beat the crowds
- Bring mosquito repellent
- Explore other attractions in Khao Yai National Park.
- Bring good shoes